The Boston College football schedule for 2016 kicks off in Ireland and brings a few key other tests early on.
2016 Boston College Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Georgia Tech (in Dublin)
Sept. 10 at Massachusetts
Sept. 17 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 24 Wagner
Oct. 1 Buffalo
Oct. 7 Clemson
Oct. 15 OPEN DATE
Oct. 22 Syracuse
Oct. 29 at NC State
Nov. 5 Louisville
Nov. 11 at Florida State
Nov. 19 Connecticut
Nov. 26 at Wake Forest
Non-Conference Games: at Massachusetts, Wagner, Buffalo, Connecticut
Games vs. the Coastal: Georgia Tech (in Dublin), at Virginia Tech
5 Keys To The Schedule
– Not only does BC miss out on a home game until September 24th, but it has to play two ACC games starting out against Georgia Tech in Dublin, Ireland, and dealing with Virginia Tech two weeks later. Okay, so it’s a technicality. The game against Massachusetts is in Foxborough – it’s a UMass home game.
– The payoff comes with four straight home games, not leaving Boston from that September 24th date with Wagner up until a trip to NC State on October 29th.
– The Florida State game is on the road, but the Clemson game is at home. Here’s the problem – the week off comes after the date with the Tigers.
– The Eagles alternate home and away games over the second half of the season, finishing up at Wake Forest.
– WATCH OUT FOR … the date with UMass. The Eagles have to come back from Ireland after the long trip, and they have to recover quickly after dealing with Georgia Tech and what it does offensively. The focus might be on Virginia Tech the week after.
2017 Non-Conference Games: at Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, at Connecticut