California vs. Air Force Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl recap, score and key stats for the Bears and Falcons.
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl Bowl Recap
Score: California 55, Air Force 36
Prediction: California 38, Air Force 34, Line: Air Force -7, o/u: 66
And You Care Because … Jared Goff threw six touchdown passes overall, but it wasn’t until the second of three touchdown passes to Kenny Lawler late in the second that Cal was able to start pulling away. Air Force ran well early with Jacobi Owens, Tyler Williams, and Karson Roberts all running for short scores, but Goff was unstoppable. The Bears scored 17 straight points in the second half to take control, Air Force turned it over three times, and the game was well in hand late. Air Force QB Karson Roberts threw two second half touchdown passes, but Cal kept scoring at will.
– Cal QB Jared Goff completed 25-of-37 passes for 467 yards and six scores,
– Cal WR Kenny Lawler caught five passes for 75 yards and three scores, Darius Powe caught four passes for 70 yards and two scores, and Bryce Treggs caught four passes for 143 yards and a score.
– Air Force QB Karson Roberts completed 7-of-14 passes for 149 yards and two scores with a pick, and ran 16 times for 69 yards and a touchdown.
– Air Force RB Jacobi Owens ran 19 times for 83 yards and a score.
– Total Yards: Cal 586 – Air Force 434
– Third Down Conversions: Cal 7-of-12 – Air Force 5-of-10
Game Rating: B-. Watching Jared Goff show off his NFL skills and talent was a thing of beauty. The Cal offense was hitting on all cylinders, and while Air Force did a nice job for a while, it couldn’t keep up. This was Cal and Goff playing at their highest of levels – they played like they were out to prove something.