The Clemson football schedule for 2016 has its two biggest tests on the road, but it’s not that bad a slate to make a run for another ACC title.
2016 Clemson Football Schedule
Sept. 3 at Auburn
Sept. 10 Troy
Sept. 17 South Carolina State
Sept. 22 at Georgia Tech
Oct. 1 Louisville
Oct. 8 at Boston College
Oct. 15 NC State
Oct. 22 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 at Florida State
Nov. 5 Syracuse
Nov. 12 Pitt
Nov. 19 at Wake Forest
Nov. 26 South Carolina
Non-Conference Games: at Auburn, Troy, South Carolina State, South Carolina
Games vs. the Coastal: at Georgia Tech, Pitt
5 Keys To The Schedule
– If this is going to be another run to the national title game – or at least be that good – Clemson will know right away just how strong it is with a trip to Auburn. That’s a nasty enough start to earn the layups against Troy and South Carolina State to follow.
– The interdivisional games are tough, hosting Pitt and the opener at Georgia Tech, but there’s no Miami or North Carolina.
– The Louisville and NC State games are at home, but the big one against Florida State is in Tallahassee. There’s a week off to prepare, but the Noles get the bye week, too.
– Three of the final four games are at home, and three of the November games are against teams – Syracuse, Wake Forest and South Carolina – that didn’t go bowling.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Boston College. It’s a good road trip coming in between home games against Louisville and NC State. It could be a tighter battle than the Tigers might like.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Kent State, Auburn, The Citadel, at South Carolina