The Florida State football schedule for 2016 begins with a bang and ends with the Gators – it’s going to be an interesting ride.
2016 Florida State Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Ole Miss (in Orlando)
Sept. 10 Charleston Southern
Sept. 17 at Louisville
Sept. 24 at South Florida
Oct. 1 North Carolina
Oct. 8 at Miami
Oct. 15 Wake Forest
Oct. 22 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 Clemson
Nov. 5 at NC State
Nov. 11 Boston College
Nov. 19 at Syracuse
Nov. 26 Florida
Non-Conference Games: Ole Miss (in Orlando), Charleston Southern, at South Florida, Florida
Games vs. the Coastal: North Carolina, at Miami,
5 Keys To The Schedule
– You ready to prove you’re back and get past that ugly bowl loss to Houston? Florida State, you get Ole Miss on a Monday night in Orlando to kick things off, and a trip to Louisville to start the ACC season two weeks later.
– It’ll be an emotional start to the season for the Seminoles with the Cardinals, North Carolina, and at Miami the first three games of the ACC slate. The non-conference game against South Florida in Tampa will be a dogfight, too, in the middle of all that.
– The week off comes before the home game against Clemson, and then it’s on the road to face NC State.
– Playing UNC and Miami in interdivisional play is rough, but overall, the Noles get a few decent breaks. They leave Florida just three times – at Louisville, NC State, and Syracuse. The Florida showdown is at home.
– WATCH OUT FOR … that trip to Syracuse. If all goes according to plan, the Dino Babers Orange offense should have it figured out in time for the late showdown against FSU. The Florida game is the week after.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Alabama, at Florida