The Georgia Tech football schedule for 2016 kicks off the season in Ireland, but they don’t have to leave Georgia too often after.
2016 Georgia Tech Football Schedule
Sept. 3 at Boston College
Sept. 10 Mercer
Sept. 17 Vanderbilt
Sept. 22 Clemson
Oct. 1 Miami
Oct. 8 at Pitt
Oct. 15 Georgia Southern
Oct. 22 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 Duke
Nov. 5 at North Carolina
Nov. 12 at Virginia Tech
Nov. 19 Virginia
Nov. 26 at Georgia
Non-Conference Games: Mercer, Vanderbilt, Georgia Southern, at Georgia
Games vs. the Atlantic: at Boston College, Clemson
5 Keys To The Schedule
– If you’re going to start out the season – much less the ACC season – in Dublin, Ireland, you need a game against Mercer the week after. The Yellow Jackets need to come out hot against the Boston College run defense.
– That date against the Eagles isn’t a bad game against the Atlantic. Clemson, however, is a bad game to deal with from the other division.
– Yeah, going to Ireland to start the season might be hard, but Tech gets its next four games and six of its next seven at home. In all, there are just three games outside of Georgia after the opener.
– Three of the last four games are on the road going to North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Georgia. It would be a plus if Tech builds up a big base of wins before November.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Georgia Southern. The Yellow Jackets aren’t bad against other option teams, but this is always a dangerous offense to face, especially in the heat of the ACC season.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Tennessee, Jacksonville State, at UCF, Georgia