The Louisville football schedule for 2016 highlighted by one of the ACC’s most interesting non-conference schedules – and a nasty opening ACC run.
2016 Louisville Football Schedule
Sept. 1 Charlotte
Sept. 9 at Syracuse
Sept. 17 Florida State
Sept. 24 at Marshall
Oct. 1 at Clemson
Oct. 8 OPEN DATE
Oct. 14 Duke
Oct. 22 NC State
Oct. 29 at Virginia
Nov. 5 at Boston College
Nov. 12 Wake Forest
Nov. 19 at Houston
Nov. 26 Kentucky
Non-Conference Games: Charlotte, at Marshall, at Houston, Kentucky
Games vs. the Coastal: Duke, at Virginia
5 Keys To The Schedule
– It’s an interesting start. The Cardinals ease into things with Charlotte, but then they have to hit the ACC ground running with a trip to Syracuse followed up by the home showdown against Florida State. The next ACC game? At Clemson. They’ll know their Atlantic fate – for the most part – by the end of October 1st.
– Going to Houston is a bear of a non-conference game late in the year, followed up by the rivalry game with Kentucky.
– Missing Miami and North Carolina from the Coastal is a good deal. Facing Duke and going to Virginia isn’t bad.
– That Houston game comes at the end of a rough run of three road games in four weeks. Going to Virginia and Boston College shouldn’t be bad if UofL is any good, but it’s late in the year. The body blows are going to accumulate.
– WATCH OUT FOR …Wake Forest. It’s a sandwich game late in the year between road trips to Boston College and Houston. It’s the perfect letdown moment.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Purdue, Kent State, Murray State, at Kentucky