The Miami football schedule for 2016 sees a lot of time away from home over the second half of the season.
2016 Miami Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Florida A&M
Sept. 10 Florida Atlantic
Sept. 17 at Appalachian State
Sept. 24 OPEN DATE
Oct. 1 at Georgia Tech
Oct. 8 Florida State
Oct. 15 North Carolina
Oct. 20 at Virginia Tech
Oct. 29 at Notre Dame
Nov. 5 Pitt
Nov. 12 at Virginia
Nov. 19 at NC State
Nov. 26 Duke
Non-Conference Games: Florida Atlantic, at Appalachian State, at Notre Dame, Florida A&M
Games vs. the Atlantic: Florida State, at NC State
5 Keys To The Schedule
– The Hurricanes aren’t exactly extending themselves with the local non-conference dates against Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic, and then they’re going to Appalachian State for an interesting date. The game at Notre Dame sort of makes up for the other three.
– As always, the Canes play Florida State, but it’s at home. Going to NC State for the other Atlantic game isn’t a breeze.
– Miami has to leave Florida a bit too often over the second half of the season, playing four of their last six games away from Miami Gardens.
– Making things worse, in that stretch over the second half the Canes go on the road four times in five weeks before finishing up with Duke.
– WATCH OUT FOR …Appalachians State. The Mountaineers are going to be jacked to get the big, bad Hurricanes in their house. With the ACC approaching, Miami can’t blow off how tough this might be.
2017 Non-Conference Games: at Arkansas State, Toledo, Notre Dame