The NC State football schedule for 2016 isn’t all that bad – except for the games against the Coastal.
2016 NC State Football Schedule
Sept. 3 William & Mary
Sept. 10 at East Carolina
Sept. 17 Old Dominion
Sept. 24 OPEN DATE
Oct. 1 Wake Forest
Oct. 8 Notre Dame
Oct. 15 at Clemson
Oct. 22 at Louisville
Oct. 29 Boston College
Nov. 5 Florida State
Nov. 12 at Syracuse
Nov. 19 Miami
Nov. 25 at North Carolina
Non-Conference Games: William & Mary, at East Carolina, Old Dominion, Notre Dame
Games vs. the Coastal: Miami, at North Carolina
5 Keys To The Schedule
– All things considered, it’s not a bad non-conference slate as long as the Wolfpack don’t blow it at East Carolina. William & Mary and Old Dominion aren’t bad, and at least the Notre Dame game is at home.
– While the ECU game is on the road, State doesn’t leave North Carolina until the middle of October. However, that first game out of the state is at Clemson.
– There isn’t a bad run of road games, but the Pack have to go away for back-to-back games against Clemson and Louisville – that’s it, though. Two of the final three games are away.
– Florida State is at home and Clemson is on the road. The bad break, though, is in interdivision play having to face Miami and North Carolina from the Coastal.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Boston College. It’s a home game, but it’ll be against a nasty defense in a possible letdown after facing Clemson and Louisville on the road and with Florida State up next.
2017 Non-Conference Games: South Carolina, Marshall, Furman, at Notre Dame