Colorado State vs. Nevada NOVA Home Loans Bowl recap, score and key stats for the Rams and Wolf Pack.
NOVA Home Loans Bowl Recap
Score: Nevada 28, Colorado State 23
Prediction: Colorado State 31, Nevada 17, Line: Colorado State -3, o/u: 56
And You Care Because … In a strong inaugural NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl, Colorado State was driving deep into Nevada territory, but time ran out as Jordon Vaden – with CSU with no time outs left – went for the first down and came up short. Nevada’s James Butler ran for two scores including a pounding four-yard score with just over a minute to play, but Colorado State rolled back down the field only to come up just short. Brent Zuzo hit three field goals for Nevada, while Wyatt Bryan connected on three for Colorado State, including a 38-yarder with 3:40 to play. But the Wolf Pack rumbled 72 yards in 2:34 for the game-winner. Butler also added a 77-yard scoring dash in the second, and Elijah Mitchell gave the Wolf Pack a 19-10 lift – Zuzo’s point after was no good – with a 96-yard kickoff return for a score after Bryan’s second field goal.
– Nevada RB James Butler ran 24 times for 189 yards and two scores.
– Colorado State QB Nick Stevens completed 22-of-42 passes for 310 yards, and ran seven times for 12 yards and a score.
– Nevada QB Tyler Stewart completed 6-of-13 passes for 74 yards, and ran six times for 29 yards.
– Nevada ran for 271 yards, Colorado State 222
– Total Yards: Colorado State 532 – Nevada 345
– Third Down Conversions: Colorado State 9-of-16 – Nevada 3-of-9
Game Rating: A-. Big plays, a thrilling finish, some big performances, and two teams that really, really wanted to be there. It’s about as good an inaugural bowl game – doesn’t beat last year’s Popeyes Bahamas Bowl thriller, though – as it gets.