The North Carolina football schedule for 2016 starts out with a few statement games, but gets a lot easier late.
2016 North Carolina Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Georgia
Sept. 10 at Illinois
Sept. 17 James Madison
Sept. 24 Pitt
Oct. 1 at Florida State
Oct. 8 Virginia Tech
Oct. 15 at Miami
Oct. 22 at Virginia
Oct. 29 OPEN DATE
Nov. 5 Georgia Tech
Nov. 10 at Duke
Nov. 19 The Citadel
Nov. 25 NC State
Non-Conference Games: Georgia, at Illinois, James Madison, The Citadel
Games vs. the Atlantic: at Florida State, NC State
5 Keys To The Schedule
– Okay, Tar Heels. Are you ready to show that 2015 was just the start of something big? Here’s your chance with Georgia to open the season and a trip to Illinois to follow. However, it might turn into a bit of a problem in the long run with two FCS games against James Madison and The Citadel.
– Going to Florida State stinks, but the other Atlantic game should be manageable at home against NC State.
– There’s a ton of travelling in the middle of the season with four road games in a stretch of six, and three in a four game run. However, there’s a week off after going on the road to deal with Miami and Virginia.
– It’s not an awful finishing kick, not leaving the greater Chapel Hill metropolitan area from October 22nd on. The lone road game in November is at Duke.
– WATCH OUT FOR … at Virginia. It comes after the road game at Miami and before the bye week. This could come just when the team needs a break the most.
2017 Non-Conference Games: California, at Old Dominion, Notre Dame, Western Carolina