Oct. 31, 2014
|Opponent||No. 23 Navy Midshipmen|
|Date||Saturday, November 1, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Senior Day is set for Saturday, with Loyola’s senior class of Joseph Cahalan, Connor Thompson, Andrew Waddington and Joey Wilkins being honored in a pregame ceremony.
• Navy, ranked second to Boston University in the league standings, clinched a spot in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament by tying Lehigh, 1-1, on Wednesday.
• The Midshipmen, unbeaten through its last eight games (6-0-2) and ranked 23rd nationally, will be Loyola’s third nationally ranked foe this year.
• The Greyhounds are 0-0-2 against nationally ranked teams this year, tying both No. 21 UMBC, 1-1, on the road in September and No. 20 Boston University, 0-0, at home last weekend.
Loyola Greyhounds (5-7-3, 2-4-1 Patriot League)
• Seniors Connor Thompson and Joseph Cahalan lead the Greyhounds with three goals this year, while sophomore Ryan Tuck has two goals.
• Sophomore Dylan Engel is third on the team with five points on one goal and three assists.
• Sophomore Laurin Vogel shares the team lead of three assists with Engel, while juniors Brennan Goldsmith and Jake Heroux both have scored one goal.
• Nine Greyhounds have recorded their first point this year. Engel (Bucknell), Tuck (Stetson), Goldsmith (Army) and Heroux (Drexel) all notched their first collegiate goals, while Vogel (Howard), Toher (Boston University), freshman Danny Mooney (Army), senior Joey Wilkins (Bucknell) and freshman Brad Warenicz (Stetson) all contributed an assist.
• Tuck and Cahalan have both earned Corvias Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week honors, while sophomore transfer Matt Sanchez has earned a pair of goalkeeper honors.
• Sanchez has played all 1427 minutes and has recorded four shutouts.
• Five players made their debuts as Greyhounds vs. St. Francis; Sanchez in goal, Toher, sophomore transfer Dolu Oyewole, Engel and Warenicz.
• Mooney earned his first action at Campbell.
Navy Midshipmen (10-4-3, 5-1-1 Patriot League)
• Navy won the 2013 Patriot League Regular Season Championship and are second in the standings entering the final two games of this season.
• Jamie Dubyoski leads the team and ranks second in the Patriot League in scoring with 23 points on nine goals and five assists.
• Derek Vogel and Thomas Shiiba lead the team, and are tied with Jamie Luchini (Lehigh) for the most assists among league players this season, with six assists this year.
• In goal, Jackson Morgan is 9-3-3 and has a 0.66 GAA, an .825 save percentage and six shutouts.
• The Midshipmen lead the Patriot League in goals per game (1.65) and are ranked second in goals-against average (0.73).
• The Greyhounds are 1-3-1 when facing the Midshipmen.
• Navy won the inaugural meeting in Annapolis, 2-1, in 1979.
• The two squads didn’t meet against until the 2003 Battle of Baltimore in Towson, which resulted in Loyola’s lone victory, a 2-1 overtime decision.
• Navy claimed a pair of 2-1 wins in both 2009 and 2013, with the 2011 meeting cut short due to inclement weather. Following the 83rd minute, the contest was called as a 3-3 tie.
• Loyola will close out its regular season with a game at Lafayette next Saturday.
• Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m., at Mike Bourger ‘44 Field at Oaks Stadium.