LSU vs. Texas Tech AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl recap, score and key stats for the Tigers and Red Raiders.
AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Recap
Score: LSU 56, Texas Tech 27
Prediction: LSU 34, Texas Tech 24, Line: LSU -7, o/u: 73.5
And You Care Because … Leonard Fournette ran wild, taking off for four touchdown runs from two, 43, four and two yards away and took a pass 44 yards for a score as LSU ran all over Texas Tech. D.J. Chark added a 79-yard scoring dash for the Tigers, and Brandon Harris ran for a touchdown, but the Red Raiders made it close early with Jakeem Grant catching touchdown passes from 46, three and four yards away. LSU was up 21-20 after Texas Tech’s Reginal Davis caught a touchdown pass from 31 yards out in the third, but then it was all LSU running game with two of Fournette’s scoring runs and the Harris 26-yard touchdown to put it away.
– LSU RB Leonard Fournette ran 29 times for 212 yards and four scores, and caught one pass for 44 yards and a touchdown.
– Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes completed 28-of-56 passes for 370 yards and four scores with a pick.
– LSU QB Brandon Harris completed 13-of-22 passes for 254 yards and a score with a pick, and ran three times for 41 yards and a touchdown.
– Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant caught ten passes for 125 yards and three scores.
– LSU QB Brandon Harris completed 13-of-22 passes for 254 yards and a score with an interception, and ran three times for 41 yards and a touchdown.
– Penalties: LSU ten for 86 yards – Texas Tech five for 53 yards.
Game Rating: C+. Texas Tech made it entertaining, but there was no chance the red Raider D was going to slow down Leonard Fournette and the running game. Patrick Mahomes and the Texas Tech passing game did what they were supposed to do with 370 yards, and the LSU running game did what it was supposed to do with 384 yards and seven scores. The Tigers ended their drama and kept Les Miles from having to deal with a tough offseason.