The Virginia football schedule for 2016 sees lots and lots of travelling.
2016 Virginia Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Richmond
Sept. 10 at Oregon
Sept. 17 at Connecticut
Sept. 24 Central Michigan
Oct. 1 at Duke
Oct. 8 OPEN DATE
Oct. 15 Pitt
Oct. 22 North Carolina
Oct. 29 Louisville
Nov. 5 at Wake Forest
Nov. 12 Miami
Nov. 19 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 26 at Virginia Tech
Non-Conference Games: Richmond, at Oregon, at Connecticut, Central Michigan
Games vs. the Atlantic: Louisville, at Wake Forest
5 Keys To The Schedule
– Bronco Mendenhall’s tenure kicks off with the instate fight against Richmond, and then it’s off 3,000 miles to Oregon to face the Ducks, and then back across the country to deal with Connecticut.
– Here’s the problem. Not only do the Cavaliers have to do all that travelling, but they have to go on the road to start out the ACC season at Duke. That makes it three road games in four weeks before getting a week off.
– There’s no Clemson or Florida State on the schedule, but the Cavaliers have to face Louisville from the Atlantic. Going to Wake Forest is a bit of a break.
– There’s a second run of three road games in four weeks going to Wake Forest, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech – with the home game against Miami – to close out the regular season.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Central Michigan. The Cavs play at Eugene, then they fly back to go to UConn, and then they’re back home against Central Michigan before dealing with Duke.
2017 Non-Conference Games: William & Mary, Indiana, Connecticut, at Boise State