The Virginia Tech football schedule for 2016 starts out nice and turns rough in October.
2016 Virginia Tech Football Schedule
Sept. 3 Liberty
Sept. 10 Tennessee
Sept. 17 Boston College
Sept. 24 East Carolina
Oct. 1 OPEN DATE
Oct. 8 at North Carolina
Oct. 15 at Syracuse
Oct. 22 Miami
Oct. 29 at Pitt
Nov. 5 at Duke
Nov. 12 Georgia Tech
Nov. 19 at Notre Dame
Nov. 26 Virginia
Non-Conference Games: Liberty, Tennessee (in Bristol), East Carolina, at Notre Dame
Games vs. the Atlantic Boston College, at Syracuse
5 Keys To The Schedule
– The Hokies start out the season with a nice scrimmage against Liberty to ease into things before facing Tennessee in a fun game at Bristol Motor Speedway. East Carolina and Notre Dame make it one of the ACC’s tougher all-around non-conference schedules.
– There can’t be any complaints about the interdivisional schedule, missing both Clemson and Florida State and playing Boston College and Syracuse. The date with the Eagles is at home to start the ACC campaign.
– The week off on October 1st is a must to gear up for a brutal run. The Hokies have to go on the road for four of their next five games and five of their next seven, including dates at North Carolina, Pitt and Notre Dame.
– On the plus side, four of the first five games are at home. Tech only leaves Virginia once until October 8th.
– WATCH OUT FOR … the road trip to Duke. It comes at the end of the rough run road games in the dog days of the ACC season. It comes just after the trip to Pitt and before the Georgia Tech game.
2017 Non-Conference Games: West Virginia (in Landover), Delaware, at East Carolina, Old Dominion