The Wake Forest football schedule for 2016 gets a break with a whole bunch of home games in the finishing kick.
2016 Wake Forest Football Schedule
Sept. 1 Tulane
Sept. 10 at Duke
Sept. 17 Delaware
Sept. 24 at Indiana
Oct. 1 at NC State
Oct. 8 Syracuse
Oct. 15 at Florida State
Oct. 22 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 Army
Nov. 5 Virginia
Nov. 12 at Louisville
Nov. 19 Clemson
Nov. 26 Boston College
Non-Conference Games: Tulane, Delaware, at Indiana, Army
Games vs. the Coastal: at Duke, Virginia
5 Keys To The Schedule
– It’s going to be a dangerous start to the season with three road games in the first five. Tulane and Delaware are must-win moments early on, and to have any real shot at a big year, the Demon Deacons need to win at least one of the three road games at Duke, Indiana and NC State.
– Duke and Virginia aren’t bad Coastal games to deal with. Missing North Carolina, Miami and Georgia Tech isn’t bad.
– Wake has to go on the road for three games in a four game stretch over the first half of the season, but it’s at home for four of its final five games.
– The week off comes before Army – it would’ve been nice to get an extra week to prepare for the bigger games. The bye comes after going to Florida State – that’s not a help.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Syracuse. It’s the lone home game in that stretch of road games in the first half of the year. Sandwiched between NC State and Florida State, the pressure will be on.
2017 Non-Conference Games: at Appalachian State, at Notre Dame, Presbyterian, Utah State